Thursday, October 1, 2009

Read-Write-Think?

This weeks assignment....(dun dun dun)... Visit a website (Read-Write-Think) participate in some of the activities and Blog about the experience. Which is what I will attempt to do now.

The activities I participated in and I have decided to blog about are the acrostic poems activity and the book cover creator activity. I initially choose these two because the summary of what they were on the initial link page was simple and would not take me allot of time to do. I was right but only in the case of the Book Cover Creator activity. The Acrostic Poem activity proved to be a tad bit harder. It didn't help that I chose a word that wasn't simple though. I choose my blog name Amachi.

(Forgive me I didn't even explain what an acrostic poem is. Plainly put its a poem that
"uses the letters in a topic word to begin each line. All lines of the poem should relate to or describe the topic word." The example given was for the word "sun" Shines brightly/Up in the sky/Nice and warm on my skin)


So I decided to try my blog name, as previously mentioned. Here was the result:
A chance
M ade in the likeness of god
A mazing gift of love
C hild with abilities beyond man
H eld in the hearts of all
I ntelligent beyond its years

Horrible poem I know... (chuckle). But I had better success on my book cover assignment. It was simple. So simple a preschooler could do it. Very Boring. All I had to do was choose a template (how I wanted the information organized on the page) and then fill in the information. There was no actual thought process needed. I wouldn't assign the activity to any children in a classroom that I was teaching.

Final thoughts: Maybe I missed something on the Book Cover application. I didn't think I did. (sigh)

until next time, stay educated

B. Strick

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for highlighting resources from ReadWriteThink.org. We are glad you found some of our resources to be helpful. Here is a list of lesson plans that use the Book Cover Creator tool: http://www.readwritethink.org/student_mat/student_material.asp?id=58. There is also a Book Cover Guide that can teach students about the partf of a book cover: http:www.readwritethink.org/student_mat/student_material.asp?id=60. Let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete